• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my posts need approval?

Mentor ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About half the time I post anything here, I get the message "a moderator needs to approve your reply before it can be posted." It's been like this for several months. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I on probation or something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Kris, Ray, Doug,

It is an antispam matter, caused by the (socalled) Mollow plugin which hits posts with (multiple) links and similar. There are group exceptions to the Mollom plugin, including Staff, MVPs and ACPs.

Edit: And what Dave said.

Hi Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

And it  seems to depend  somehow on the time of day and / or if a link is added.

Understandable for new accounts to prevent spam, but you'd think after a few good  posts we would get presumed innocent.- but no...

Annoying too as  it gets a notification when approved .

Also you can  waste time answering  a question which  has in fact already  been correctly answered - but not yet approved - as you don't see it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've asked in a staff area to see if there's a logical reason. or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has no idea why a particular message is queued. The decision is made by a third-party automated service which compares the content of the message against real-time patterns of traffic on this and other forums, so if a spammer elsewhere is using certain phrases that can affect other users' submissions.

Moderators cannot flag a user for enhanced filtering, so anything that gets queued is entirely the fault of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kris, Ray, Doug,

It is an antispam matter, caused by the (socalled) Mollow plugin which hits posts with (multiple) links and similar. There are group exceptions to the Mollom plugin, including Staff, MVPs and ACPs.

Edit: And what Dave said.

Hi Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines