• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Illustrator CC 2017 full of bugs?

Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody else finding Illustrator CC 2017 to be really problematic?

I'm getting hanging, crashes, graphics card acceleration problems, and documents not opening when double-clicking them from file explorer. Affecting my productivity and I'm not happy. CC 2015 had it's fair share of problems. All Adobe seems to care about is Cloud library integration, changing dialog boxes so that they have rounded edges and not about the basic core operation functionality of Illustrator. It is slower than what I was using 15 years ago!!!

Come on Adobe, get your act together.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Switch back to CC 2015!  It's the only way!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... it's a big mess. Colours are changing as welll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop stopped opening my smart object illustrator files. WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for ColorDraw files with text... a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opening smart objects form PS works only when Illustrator is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't even open Illustrator CC 2017, it crashed immediately.  I had to delete it and go back to CC 2015!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kistar schrieb:

I couldn't even open Illustrator CC 2017, it crashed immediately. I had to delete it and go back to CC 2015!

Please contact Customer support. They can log into your computer and try to figure things out. On these forums you can only get the more general advice.

But if you want to have that general kind of advice, please post details on your system, hardware, any kind of extensions to Illustrator or yor system, input devices, printer, or network ...

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then were can we submit bugs? E.g. I have one, "Direct Selection Tool does not select symbols"

That's a huge bug for me, and it's been there for years. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go back to CC 2015!??!?  Sign me up!

I've also had nothing but problems with Ai CC2017 - it is constantly locking up with the super informative diagnosis of "A problem caused Adobe Illustrator to stop working."  Thanks jack@ss - don't bother telling me what the problem was or anything.

I've uninstalled Ai twice since CC2017 came out, and ran "The Cleaner" as some folks suggested, before rebooting and re-installing about 3 hours ago.  I've also tried some of the more obscure fixes like setting my default printer to PDF (which just means I have to switch back to actually "print" - it didn't fix anything.  Another home remedy was that some aftermarket fonts can cause Illustrator to freeze; I deleted all the fonts Admin privilege would allow.  That also fixed nothing - I'm just without a bunch of fonts now.

Seriously, how do you go back to older versions of CC?  They were much less crash-prone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having all kinds of cursor and mouse issues.... what's really frustrating is that some of the weirdness could be attributed to the new OSX update OR CC 2017.... Who knows!? For example slow jittery mouse at times, constrain controls are all over the place. Cursor not changing when it should (add/subtract a point as an example). Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having scrolling, mouse and lag issues   Win7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My biggest problem is with fonts not loading. I use FontExplorer and never had an issue till this version of AI. The fonts are showing as loaded in FE but show as missing when I open files in AI. Anyone else? It's turning into a nightmare with pretty much every file I open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update Font Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FontExplorer  font missing in illustrator, try Repair permissions on your hardrive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, i just upgraded to cc2017 and i can't even use my tablet with illustrator, the stylus just won't move like on any other app / desk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jack6969 schrieb:

Same here, i just upgraded to cc2017 and i can't even use my tablet with illustrator, the stylus just won't move like on any other app / desk...

Which system, which tablet exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 + intuos 5  touch S

I already talked to your support, did many manipulations but nothing fixed it 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack6969 schrieb:

Windows 10 + intuos 5 touch S

I already talked to your support, did many manipulations but nothing fixed it 😕

Unless someone here is marked "Staff" you're not talking to Adobe in this forum. We're just users like you that discuss stuff in our spare time.

Did you download th current Wacom driver? Or try different drivers from them? Unfortunately this is sometimes needed. Also: There's a Wacom folder somewhere on your harddisk (don't know where it is on Windows - on the Mac it's in the application folder). This folder contains a utility to reset the driver's preferences.

Wacom has a support as well. You might want to check with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom has already told me that they no longer support my intuos 3 and i should buy a new one. Yay support

---Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

On 23 listopada 2016 18:30:07 CET, Monika Gause <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote: Why is Illustrator CC 2017 full of bugs? created by Monika Gause in Illustrator - View the full discussion Jack6969 schrieb:   Windows 10 + intuos 5 touch S I already talked to your support, did many manipulations but nothing fixed it 😕 Unless someone here is marked "Staff" you're not talking to Adobe in this forum. We're just users like you that discuss stuff in our spare time.   Did you download th current Wacom driver? Or try different drivers from them? Unfortunately this is sometimes needed. Also: There's a Wacom folder somewhere on your harddisk (don't know where it is on Windows - on the Mac it's in the application folder). This folder contains a utility to reset the driver's preferences.   Wacom has a support as well. You might want to check with them. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9157159#9157159 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9157159#9157159 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Illustrator by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user. You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sawa_mac schrieb:

Wacom has already told me that they no longer support my intuos 3 and i should buy a new one. Yay support

You wrote that you have an Intuos 5?

I managed to get a driver that works on Mac OS Yosemite with my Intuos 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jack6969 is the one with the intous5. @sawa_mac is who u just replied to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop publish new versions before testing. I lost many hours with the last version.

Shame on you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Lots of annoying bugs here too! Pretty annoying and has hampered productivity greatly! Not happy Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Would request you to start fresh threads or contact support for your specific issues so that we can assist you more efficiently. Please find the link below :

Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines