Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window locking issue

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a macbookpro, OS12.5, Illustrator 27.9

I have all my workspace windows (artboards, lyers, properties, etc) stacked vertically on the right side of the main project window. When I origanlly set up my custom workspace, as I dragged a new workspace window near one already in place, a blue line appeared and the two windows docked together vertically. However, when I dragged this whole collection of workspace windows close to the main project window, a blue line did not appear. They clicked together but are apparently not locked that way because every time I re-start AI, those workspace windows appear over on the left side of the monitor, not docked to anything, and I need to drag them back over to the right side. Is there a way to dock (lock) workspace windows to a main project window on the right or left side?

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Hello @mpkadobe,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to update Illustrator to the latest version (28.1) and checking if it helps?

Adobe_Illustrator_CC_icon small.png

Update the App
Try out the Latest Features and Enhancements in Illustrator!

If the problem persists, kindly share a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/480oPTl) so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mpkadobe,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to update Illustrator to the latest version (28.1) and checking if it helps?

Adobe_Illustrator_CC_icon small.png

Update the App
Try out the Latest Features and Enhancements in Illustrator!

If the problem persists, kindly share a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/480oPTl) so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had thought that, as a member of Creative Cloud, all Adobe suite apps would automatically update to the latest version. No so? We need to manually update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines