• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Woodworking

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I draw a woodworking plan for like a table or chair with illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to tell us some details about what you have in mind.

Also: what should keep you from doing it? You might need the plugin CADtools and also Illustrator won't do material calculations, but other than that ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's quite well suited to 2D plan drawing. I built an outdoor deck this summer that I first drew out completely to-scale in Illustrator, then used as reference during the build to easily retrieve the size and position of each board.

That said, it isn't a drafting package or a design aid per se, so there are no features specific to those functions, unless as Monika mentioned, you add those features in plugin form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. It has several ways to accurately place design elements, group and combine or cut them, evenly distribute... You can also turn on a grid in the background for 2D or a perspective grid for isometric views. I've made instructions and plans for all sorts of things with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines