• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yucky dscoloured box sydrome, will they show up on a professional printers?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Much like other people I'm experiencing yucky discoloured box sydrome. Pretty much the same as other people here in that I'm saving my ai file as a pdf - no boxes around images. Then when printing the boxes appear! I thought my settings were off in ps so yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled it and this morning recut out my images and saved at TIFF files. Placed in my ai file, saved as pdf and then printed and no boxes!!

However then in a new document the boxes started printing all over again. But I have no idea why!! I've read it's because the pritner I'm using doesn't work in printing CMYK, which is kind of ok as I'm only printing them out to see what they will look like. I'm actually getting them printed professionally so I'm wondering if I send the file I have with no boxes visable on the document on a professional printer will it print out correctly? Or will the boxes appear again.

If there's another way of cutting out images, saving and putting in an ai document for print then please let me know

I'm really at a loss and get confused easily with photoshop and general adobe language so any easy explanations are very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»yucky discoloured box sydrome«

Please provide a meaningful description of your problem and post meaningful screenshots. 

Which pdf settings did you use? 

Do you print the pdf from another application? 

What were the print-settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached a photo of a print out, the image itself has no background - cut out on photoshop and saved as a TIFF and placed in the document. When I look at the document on the screen there's no box and when I print from the AI file there's no box! 

I printed the PDF straight from my mac using the regular pre set print settings and have added a screenshot of hte PDF settings, just the regular ones I beleive,

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I printed the PDF straight from my mac«

Can one print from Finder? 

Please try the PDF/X-4 Standard, that allows for transparency in pdfs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for explanation: this is the YDB syndrome https://creativepro.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome/

Holly: did you print the PDF using Acrobat?

The regular Pre Print settings are what?

Please contact the print service and ask them which export settings they need. Probably not the "High print quality", but some PDF/X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines