• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI IPad app - how to crop an added image

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new in AI and testing the app on ipad . I don t find any way to crop an added image. How can i do it ? Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

In the iPad version all you can do is create a clipping mask. Draw a path and then apply it as a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways you could approach this.

One way would be to select the image and choose Object > Crop Image. Adjust the crop rectangle and press Enter or click the Crop button in the control panel or Properties panel. This makes a permanent crop, unless you Edit > Undo.

Another way would be to to draw a rectangle, or any shape, over the image. Select both the image and the shape and choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make. This is not permanent and is adjustable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not possible on an IPad. There is no "object" menu, because there are no menus. 

It's a testament to the quality of Adobe that this got marked as the "correct" answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the iPad version all you can do is create a clipping mask. Draw a path and then apply it as a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot crop an imported image in illustrator.  The option to do this is only available on cheaper or free apps similar to AI. Unfortunately, AI has not developed the app on iPad to be able to do this simple procedure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just plain silly, honestly. I bought Affinity Designer, I shouldn't have to buy another app when already paying a premium for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yknow I am here so I was wondering but I think I'm just gonna crop the image...in the photo gallery for iPad....like if we truly mean crop that's available on the iPad itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines