Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aligning Objects to Center of Grid

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out why my shapes (any shape at all) won't align specifically to the darker grey vertical lines on the grid. 
As you can see in the picture the purple alignment lines (which I use as a guide to make sure all of my objects are aligned in the center) seem to never be on the dark grey vertical grid line instead the shape aligns off one of the lighter grey grid lines.

I don't quite understand the point of having a grid if I cant align my shapes to the more obvious darker lines? Is there some way that I can make this easier.
When I click the "center" button (the second button of six) under Align it does the same thing.

Really appreciate your help with this! Thank you and have a lovely day.
🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultrjz5zpj8u5lc wrote on 9 September:

I am trying to figure out why my shapes (any shape at all) won't align specifically to the darker grey vertical lines on the grid.  

Hi

If you want to align to the gray lines of the grid, enable Snap to Grid in the upper right of your screenshot. Please note that you can snap to grid or snap to Smart Guides. You cannot use both at the same time and they work independently of each other.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines