• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t find the button to add fonts onto ipad illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i press addin your own fonts in the settings it takes me to the web page where it says to upload your own font using the plus button next to the your fonts heading in the propeties section for text but when i open my own app that aformentioned + button doesn't exist and i can infact not add the font i wanted to add

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Yep.  In the latest version, you have access to the whole CC font library. And you can upload your own fonts to your CC library or from the Adobe Fonts library.

So head over to your CC app on the iPad, get your new font, then head back to Ai/iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

I actually found a workaround. Download the font file to your iPad .. then open it in creative cloud and save it to a folder. Then it should show up in illustrator after that!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Hi @Zev31358463t4b6 @Collette28556605p8hn,

Thank you for reaching out with your font-related concern on iPad Illustrator. If you're not seeing the option to add custom fonts using the "+" button, please note that this feature might not be available for you. The ability to add custom fonts is managed by the admin of your organization if you're using an enterprise, business, or team account with Adobe Creative Cloud.

For further assistance with fonts and account settings, I recommend reaching

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  In the latest version, you have access to the whole CC font library. And you can upload your own fonts to your CC library or from the Adobe Fonts library.

So head over to your CC app on the iPad, get your new font, then head back to Ai/iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i do that within CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not an option either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is not an option either

By @Christina36507094xgk5

What kind of subscription do you have? An individual one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue. I neeeeeed help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the button to add custom fonts (+) is not there on the iPad illustrator version so I am having this issue as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually found a workaround. Download the font file to your iPad .. then open it in creative cloud and save it to a folder. Then it should show up in illustrator after that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Zev31358463t4b6 @Collette28556605p8hn,

Thank you for reaching out with your font-related concern on iPad Illustrator. If you're not seeing the option to add custom fonts using the "+" button, please note that this feature might not be available for you. The ability to add custom fonts is managed by the admin of your organization if you're using an enterprise, business, or team account with Adobe Creative Cloud.

For further assistance with fonts and account settings, I recommend reaching out to your organization's admin or IT support. They should be able to provide guidance on how to manage fonts and settings for your Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

However,  @Collette28556605p8hn workaround for adding custom fonts to iPad Illustrator also works! Your solution sounds like a clever way to get the fonts into the app and make them accessible. It's great to see the community coming together to share tips and solutions.

If you have any more insights or questions, or if there's anything else you'd like to share, feel free to let us know. We're here to assist and learn from each other.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines