• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create an arrow with a 45 degree angle?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator on iPad and I'm wondering how do I make an arrow with the path tool that has two lines intersecting at a 45 or 90 degree angle, with the ends of the paths that don't intersect being perfectly mirrored?

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess if there's another way to make an arrow with two lines uing shapes I'm all ears, but I figured I was missing something with the modifiers when using the pen tool that would allow the path to snap into place at predictable angles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally you would just be able to add arrowheads to the endpoints of the lines like you'd do in the appearance panel of Illustrator desktop, but that doesn't seem to be in Illustrator on the iPad.

However, you can indeed constrain to 0,45,90,135,180, etc just by pressing down on the touch button in the lower left corner as you add points.

2024-01-27_15-39-04.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize I could hold the modifier! Thank you. Huge help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up using the modifier key to get a good angle but then just shifted every point with the direct selection tool using some guides to reference the position I wanted. This felt really old school and I wish there was a way to draw and position points at regular intervals much easier so points are evenly spaced, kinda like in Sketch. Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 1.18.15 PM.jpeg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines