• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator on IPad Pro, Text doesn’t stay put

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up a project my te t is never in the same place as where I left it. I have locked the layers, double checked things before I close the file. But without fail, every time I open it up, my wrap text is always rotated around the circle and not where it was when I exited the program previously. How do I keep things from moving around on their own?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Laura already posted a bug report for this. Once there is a bug report, you can always use that to check whether or not it's fixed. And if you haven't already: support the bug report. Here's the link again: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931885-illustrator-ipad-bugs/suggestions/44418297-type-on-path-moving-around-places-whenever-opening

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me when the path was a complete circle or oval. Try re-creating with a semi-circle path, then add the type, apply the center justification in Properties, and move the positioning handles to where you want them. Hopefully, that will work for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it again today, and even with a full circle, the problem wasn't happening to me - the type stayed in its centered position. So maybe that was a temporary hiccup? You could always lock the type on a path object before saving and exiting to be extra sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again, it's now happening when I copy and paste type on a path to another layer. Here's the bug report on Uservoice. Please upvote if you would like this to be fixed. The more votes, hopefully, the more urgent.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931885-illustrator-ipad-bugs/suggestions/44418297-type-on-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hapening to me now... no fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Laura already posted a bug report for this. Once there is a bug report, you can always use that to check whether or not it's fixed. And if you haven't already: support the bug report. Here's the link again: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931885-illustrator-ipad-bugs/suggestions/44418297-type-on-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines