Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Import custom brushes on Ipad Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It would be so very helpful if you could add the usage of custom imported brushes in IPad Illustrator in the same way as in desktop version. All fashion designers will definitely be grateful!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020
Hi all, Illustrator on the iPad is new and still evolving. Yes, we are working on Brushes and it's on the roadmap. I'd request that if you can take out a moment and share your feedback and thoughts as a feature request here. Also, please upvote any similar existing requests as well. This would help us in prioritizing. Thanks, Om

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. I thought I was going crazy when looking for this ability in there. Like SURELY they put an option to upload brushes!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go in the app it tells you what Adobe Illustrator is currently working on with the app. One of the things they mentioned is the are working on enhanced brushes so I am hoping that option will come with the next update.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing this on 3/22/2021 and there is still no brush import/create brushes option. You have had this in the Desk Top app for years (and years, and years, and years. I just started a 20.00/ mo plan that I'm locked into for a year for a crippled product. 
5 months. Nothing. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Illustrator on the iPad is new and still evolving. Yes, we are working on Brushes and it's on the roadmap. I'd request that if you can take out a moment and share your feedback and thoughts as a feature request here.

Also, please upvote any similar existing requests as well. This would help us in prioritizing.

Thanks,

Om

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing this on 3/22/2021 and there is still no brush import/create brushes option. You have had this in the Desk Top app for years (and years, and years, and years. I just started a 20.00/ mo plan that I'm locked into for a year for a crippled product. 
5 months. Nothing

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you! I was using a surface pro 3 but I just bought an iPad Pro and was all excited about procreate only to find out that there are so many things I can't do, that I can do in illustrator! Then I discovered Illustrator is on the iPad now.. HOORAY!!!  Oh... wait... what??? This isn't illustrator this is Microsoft paint.  

SAD!! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is September 2021 and we still can't do this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines