• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using pen tool, how to finish one path, and start another?

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty self explanatory... I'm sure the solution is simple.. but right now, if I want to draw a straight line from point A to point B.. then start a new line going from point C to point D, what I'm doing is after point B, click the arrow tool, picking an empty space in the canvas, then re-starting the pen tool... seems like I'm missing something obvious.

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

thanks, @Om Nath Jha -  i think picking on it in the layers panel is a bit tedious, as you have to find it there first

i found i can also hold the primary touch shortcut and pick the element in canvas to deselect it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

i found that if you go to settings and set the double tap on the apple pencil to de-select it works pretty fast. but there should be a better way. In vectornator you can double click the point to end the path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The best way to deselect a path without having to change tools is to use the primary touch shortcut and tapping on the object in the layers panel.

I'd also request that if you can take out a moment and submit it as a feature request here.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, @Om Nath Jha -  i think picking on it in the layers panel is a bit tedious, as you have to find it there first

i found i can also hold the primary touch shortcut and pick the element in canvas to deselect it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct! One less click/tap. 🙂 

-Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed I don't have to pick the object to select it... holding the touch shortcut, then clicking on an empty portion of the canvas also de selects it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

er, I mean to DEselect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i found that if you go to settings and set the double tap on the apple pencil to de-select it works pretty fast. but there should be a better way. In vectornator you can double click the point to end the path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines