Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe illustrator drop down menu text very small on new Cintiq Pro 24

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just got my new Cintiq Pro 24 - 4k display - Photoshop is working great - However, My menus are super tiny in Adobe Illustrator.  I've gone through all the preferences and even suggested it size up for higher displays in the UI setting but nothing is changing this issue.

As you can see the text of the header itself isn't so bad but the text in the menu is considerably smaller.  My display settings are set to the recommended 200%.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Hi all,

We now have UI Scaling available in the new Illustrator 2019. You can adjust the UI as per your convenience. Here's a screenshot with more details:

UI Scaling.png

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

I had a person try this and it seemed to work. Have to log out to have it take

ryancloud_0-1677178474762.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a windows machine or a cintiq 24 4k, but I would rather check on Adobe Illustrator Feedback  to see if there are existing bug reports or feature requests on this issue. (And I know it's a tricky one since you can adjust things both in the OS and the application…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Go the Preferences and then choose user interface and then select the scale to Higher supported factor.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was already set that way for me.  It's still not right.  I had tried that before posting my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to better show the difference in size I took a screen shot of photoshop vs. illustrators drop down menu text.  The menu headers, icons everything are fine - its just the text in the drop down menus.  There has to be some setting somewhere for this - I just can't seem to find it.

menu type size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Illustrator: two different applications that handle things differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We now have UI Scaling available in the new Illustrator 2019. You can adjust the UI as per your convenience. Here's a screenshot with more details:

UI Scaling.png

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, only in Windows 10 it seems. Options look completely different in Windows 7. What gives, Adobe??? Changing this does not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a person try this and it seemed to work. Have to log out to have it take

ryancloud_0-1677178474762.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines