• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asset Export Password bug

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I export artboards to pdf using the asset export window - each file will be password protected without me specifying it.

This only happens if the last pdf I saved manualy (using save as) was password protected. Asset export will use the same password that I entered for this file.

This would be a nice feature if it was an option you could select or de select, but not when it happens without informing me.

The only workaround I know of, is to save a dummy pdf with the correct settings before using the asset export, needles to say this is a damper on workflow efficency.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create a PDF preset that doesn't have password protection and use it for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The presets used does not have password protection enabled. I am reasonably sure you can't put passwords in the presets actually. I tried now, and it the protection option was not enabled when I applied the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate that behaviour.

You can report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to post it, but whenever I click "post idea" the loading wheel turns and then nothing happens. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, the text I posted was too large. The idea posting dialogue just failed to inform me of any such restriction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like another bug to post there...  ðŸ˜ž

I can give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK never mind my silly reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reported here - log in and vote for a fix if you also experience this issue.
https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/41184763-asset-export-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines