• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Transform Tools Broken in General with Wacom in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this video to show the bug I'm dealing with in Adobe Illustrator CC (23.0.2). I've been all over the forums here. I updated drivers, I've checked with WACOM support. Finally, I decided to install CS6 (AI, v16), to see if that fixed the problem. Low and behold it did. So, Adobe, the problem is not Wacom. The problem is Illustrator.

A simple description of the bug: Create any shape in AI 23. Select the rotate tool, using a Wacom tablet. Rotate. That's it. You'll now be locked in. You can't commit the tool. Ctrl-click doesn't do it, Alt-click doesn't do it. The only way to free up AI is to kill it via the task manager. However, AICS6 (AI v16) has no problem.

Before you post a reply, the answer is not "just use the mouse." The answer is not, "update your driver." The answer is not, "downgrade your driver." The answer is, "Adobe hires a QA team with all that fat CC cash they're earning and a fixes their product."

Technical Details:

Windows, 10.0.17134

Wacom Driver, 6.3.32-4

Wacom Device, Intuous Pro L, PTH 860

Illustrator installs tested, v23.0.2 and v16.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact support.

Someone will need to have a look inside your system:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the free transform tool (E). It seams to be the only escape out of the "handcuff" situation with the old rotation tool. You will also run into it with the reflect tool (O). I pressed escape and all kinds of shortcuts - nothing worked, until I pressed E to reach the free transform tool. Sorry to give just a 50% solution. Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got on a call with support. They logged in and we dumped preferences. I swear I had done that already, but it appears to have fixed it. I'll update the thread again should it reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I spoke too soon. Logged in this morning and it's back. So deleting the preferences only works for a short period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with a Cintiq Pro 16. I've had problems in Illustrator with the scale tool when using Intuos since forever. But usually a click with the mouse would unlock it. Now the only thing that does it is to switch Illustrator between screens with Win+Shift+Left/Right and then click once with the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL a problem. I'm a professional using a fully-loaded 2019 Wacom Intuos Pro on an HP Spectre x360. Sometimes a simple click away into another program is enough, sometimes the entire machine freezes up and needs a hard restart. Sometimes the bug is nonexistent for a while, then I get comfortable and forget about the issue, then BAM it shows up again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Illustrator itself, updated Windows, everything short of wiping the computer and reinstalling Windows. 

I recently decided to switch to PC after my iMac died, seriously considering switching back over this. Please fix this @Adobe, from what I can tell this has been an issue since at LEAST 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now AUGUST 2021 and this bug is STILL present in Illustrator. When will this be addressed, @adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone already report it to http://illustrator.uservoice.com 

That's the place for bugs and where the engineers read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion, Monika. 

I'll do that now....  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines