• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't toggle between tools in illustrator

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't toggle between tools in illustrator unless the Shift button is on (working on mac).
I tried to install illustrator again and still doesn't work.

Hope that someone got solution for this, it's super annoying -_-

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

It got solved!
I don't know if it was that but I went to the keyboard shortcuts on my mac and restore to default, it did the job apparently 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it?

Which pointing device are you using?

What exactly are you trying to change tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using imac 2017 (macOS Catalina version 10.15.5) and working on the latest illustrator version.

For example if i'm trying to change from the selection tool (v) to the brush tool (b) I can't just press b or v on my keyboard, I need to turn on the shift button on my keyboard and then press them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since shortcuts are stored in the preferences, maybe the preferences file is messed up.

You can try and reset it by renaming the folder as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

You can also try and re-enter the shortcuts in Edit > Edit shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried and it didn't work. About the shortcuts, they are define just fine so I got nothing to change there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have anything special set up in your system? Perhaps some accessibility setting for the keyboard? I'm not quite sure what that could be, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you are right, I'm not in front of my computer right now, but I will try, there is a chance I have a setting im not aware of.

Thanks a lot for trying to help me out:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Please keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It got solved!
I don't know if it was that but I went to the keyboard shortcuts on my mac and restore to default, it did the job apparently 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines