• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changed Preferences doesn't save - Voreinstellungen werden nicht übernommen

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I set the measurement from Point to Millimeter, but every time I start Illustrator it is still on points. I tried to reset with STRG+ALT+SHIFT, but didn't change anything. Same wit InDesign 😞
I use German Adobe Apps, Illustrator 25.xx, InDesign 16.x

Thanks for any clue

Wenn ich z.B. in den Voreinstellungen die Maßeinheit von Points auf Millimeter umstelle, ist dies beim nächsten Start wieder zurück gesetzt worden. Das Starten mit STRG+ALT+UMSCHAT hat das Problem auch nicht behoben. Genau so ist es jetzt bei InDesign (Versionen 25.xx und 16.x).

Danke für Tipps

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

As far as I can go back (CS4) the units preferences setting has been very confusing.

It will always be overridden by the setting of your new documents.

Don't rely on the Preferences for units.

Use your New Document Profiles to set the units.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to change the measurment from preferences while no documents are open, to apply these perefrences to all new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but that's what I did a few times or rather I have to do it everytime I start the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how inDesign works, it does not work with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Units in Preferences can be changed by the document you create.

The units in Preferences are only used when documents without units are created.

If you open an image or a PDF (saved without Illustrator editing capabilities), it will use the Preferences setting. Existing Illustrator documents or new documents (which are based on a preset) will keep their units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Illustrator ~20 years now. Usually I set preferences (like Millimeter für DIN A4 210x297mm) and Illustrator works ALWAYS with millimeter till I chance it to something else. But since the latest update Illustrator use my settings just for the current sessioin. Next time I start the app it is back on points....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this. The setting "Allgemein" under "Einheit" is not saved. Each time I restart Illustrator it is set back to "Pixel".

Illustrator 25.21 after a fresh install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I can go back (CS4) the units preferences setting has been very confusing.

It will always be overridden by the setting of your new documents.

Don't rely on the Preferences for units.

Use your New Document Profiles to set the units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines