Exit

Hardware limitations or software bug?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hardware is:

Ryzen 5 3600 -- Nvidia RTX 3070 -- 16 GB RAM @ 3000 Mhz -- 1440p display

I'm experiencing regular lock-ups and end up terminating the program when working on a particularly large file (for me) which is 5760 x 1080 @ 300 ppi raster effects. The AI file size is ~300MB.

Does his seems more likely to be a hardware limitation (RAM?) vs software bug? Should this be happening with my hardware or? I don't really know where I should be setting my expectations.

The attached screenshot has now happened in both Photoshop and Illustrator when either under load and/or both programs open at same time. The weird white box glitch has occured in both and will remain frozen indefinitely at that point.

2020-12-01 12_35_43-Untitled-1 @ 33.3% (Layer 1, RGB_8).png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By looking at the Adobe Illustrator GPU system requirements (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html) it appears to be hardware. The first RTX they list is the 4000... Sorry. :'(

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Please try disabling the GPU Performance under Preferences > performance & let us know if helps with this issue.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, disabling GPU performance did remove the white box. It's worth noting once the white box appears (usually under relatively high load) it will toggle on and off with the Ctrl button. Obviously makes working very difficult without restarting because I use Ctrl regularly for shortcuts.

I did not realise that the retail "gaming" GPU's are not officially supported by Adobe. So I guess there's no further help I can get with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines