• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Illegal operand error - can't open file! (v.2)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file that I've done about 40 hours on since last duplicating it. It's been saved multiple times, and successfully. Now, however the file seems to be corrupt. I'm getting the following error message when opening it:

Cant open the illustration. The illustration contains an illegal operand.
Offending operator: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

After i last closed the file, i've defragged my hard drive because it's been sluggish. Ive also deleted a couple of random temp files that I'm now thinking may have been in regards to the Ai file. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to open this file (preferable) or anything else?
Thanks in advance for any help or info you can provide!
Ben
(ps-this is my second posting of this - frantically trying to fix this and didn't pay attention to what i was typing. i forgot to mention a few things so i just resubmitted rather than constantly adding messages. thanks for understanding ;)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Namaste,

I have the same issue and I solved with my limited knowledge. What I did here is , I just open a new File in illustrator and imported (  the same file from the folder. Its worked for me . But we are going to open as-usual way it will not work. Pls try!!! Its will work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.....!!  it's work. great job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolved this.

Here is the way:

1. Right click the corrupted AI file, open it with Adobe Acrobat

2. Use edit tool, delete or change illegal font of the text, save the file

3. Open illustrator, open a new document, place the pdf into it

4. Embed the placement, release clipping mask, now you are able to edit it.

This is the solution when your file has multiple panels, you need to delete other pages in that pdf, only preserve the one you want to work with, then place it into the new AI document.

It worked for me.

Good luck

www.sunbohan424.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Working Method

Import that " illegal operand" FIle in Corel Draw (newest version)

replace the illegal font.. then you good to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines