• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I define a format set for an Opentype font myself?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group, I want to define an own format set under character format -> open type features -> format sets, because the default ones are not sufficient. For example I want to have a question mark always with a round dot.
Is that possible? And if so, how?
My text was translated from German with deepl.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

This has to be built into the font.

If you want to edit this stuff you need a permission by the copyright holder of the font and a font editing app that is capable of making the format sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it was a misunderstanding. I mean a format set for glyphs present in the glyph set. For example, in the font Helvetica Now (Opentype) the square colon should be permanently replaced by a round colon.

With the function Search - Replace this is possible, but I want to specify it in the character format, many glyphs are to be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless it can be specified with OpenType options into a character style, you can't do that either. It has to be built into the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines