• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Free transform images and vector lines in AI?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of images and linework that were exported from a 3d model. I need to adjust the perspective distortion of the image and lines at the same time so that once I take the images into photoshop I can have the linework overlaid perfectly to the newly distortion corrected images. So i need the distortion correction applied to both the images and the lines. I can do exatly what I need seperatly-i can free transform the lines to be corrected but this does not work with the embedded images and then in photoshop I can use the camera raw filter to correct the lines easily but doing the linework directly in PS requires the use of a smart filter. 

Is there a way to manipulate both image and vector at the same time with the same outcome?

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 11.14.03 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Best you can do that I know of is to use envelope distort to distort the placed images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M8P6lhRnwg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The long answer is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best you can do that I know of is to use envelope distort to distort the placed images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M8P6lhRnwg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines