• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get Middle Eastern and South Asian Composer for Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me about how to download the above composer onto Mac?

I have the Middle Eastern and single/Every line composer but not the South Asian Composer.

Many thanks.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

You should edit your creative cloud Language Options before installing the software.
Make it somtheng like English supporting Indian or English يدعم العربية depending on your language.
It automatically apply the composers and you can find it in the Paragraph Panel Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. If not, please takee a look at this help article about Asian scripts. Hope it helps.

We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you may share it with us here. It'll help other users with similar concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The composers are activated depending on the preferences in Preferences > Type. If you select Eastern Asian options, you get the Japan Composer. The South Asian Composer is the same in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no language option for me to select in Type. My version language for the whole Creative suite is set to English يدعم العربية.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should edit your creative cloud Language Options before installing the software.
Make it somtheng like English supporting Indian or English يدعم العربية depending on your language.
It automatically apply the composers and you can find it in the Paragraph Panel Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the language set to English يدعم العربية however when I select the composer from the paragraph, it only came up with Middle Eastern and single/Every line composer which I have used. While I can get the Thai, Tamil and Hindi correct (most of the time), I can't seem to have Sinhalese and Bengali display correctly. I have to manipulate the font character by character in order to get the correct display which is dangerous as I don't know the language, I only have a PDF displaying the character to go by. I have approached Adobe and even their technical support people couldn't help. I have a big project coming up with Sinhalese and Bengali, I need some urgent help please. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. If not, please takee a look at this help article about Asian scripts. Hope it helps.

We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you may share it with us here. It'll help other users with similar concern.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines