• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to place a symbol with precision in Illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to grade apparel pattern pieces with Illustrator. I have figured out  a few ways to grow the pattern in the correct proportions and with precision, but as I move through the process I want to drop "breadcrumbs" to mark where the sewing notches are on the new piece. Does anyone have a solution for placing a symbol with extream precision or otherwise marking a spot so that it will not move once placed?

Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean it should move proportionally to the pattern?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I move the entire pattern (shaped piece) as I enlarge or shrink it. When the notch moves, I want to record its new position before continuing with the grade. The way I currently handle the notch is I divide the line into 2 pieces at the notch, then reconnect them, but that is very tedious and not as percise as I would like. I am thinking more along the lines of dropping a symbol where it needs to go, but it has to drop perfectly into place. Is there a way to register a symbol, so a certain part of it will land exactly where the cursor clicks every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. If it is, we'd appreciate if you can share the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, please share the workflow(screenshots or a small video) with us so that we can help you accordingly.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines