• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set custom toolbar as default in Illustrator?

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a custom toolbar in Illustrator to make my workflow simpler, but everytime I reopen Illustrator, it saves the toolbar, but I need to manually put it on my screen. Is there a way to make a custom toolbar default, so it will show up automaticaly whenever I use Illustrator.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still won't be persistent if you create a custom workspace including the custom tool bar, I suspect.

If true, that would be a case for a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Sorry to hear about this. I tried to replicate this issue at my end, however, I was unable to do so. After saving the toolbar, I docked it to the left corner and closed Illustrator.

Next time when I opened Illustrator, the toolbar was there in the same location.cutome toolbar.png

Could you please confirm which OS and version of Illustrator you are working on? Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue? 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, please try the suggestion shared by Kurt and share your observations. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in macOS, High Sierra, and I am using Illustrator 2020. Also, with a bit of experimentation, I noticed that it showed up when I used essentials, but not essentials classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is an expected behavior, Ryan. If you made changes to toolbar in Essential workspace it will not reflect when you click Essential Classic. Set the Toolbar when Essential Classic is selected and then restart Illustrator and let us know how it goes.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines