• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to make this rainbow like design any idea how to make it ?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srinthile-Script-by-Almeera-Studio-580x387.jpg

I am new in illustator , pls help me out how to make this rainbow like design 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a little more detail on the steps using Illustrator 23.0+. Although you can add a linear or radial gradient to text, you can't add a freeform gradient directly. You can convert your text to outlines and then apply the freeform gradient to it and modify it. Here would be the steps:

1. Create your text 
  2. (You might want to make a copy of your text or save a backup file before this next step because it will make your text uneditable as text) Go to Type > Create Outlines
  3. In the Properties panel, in the Pathfinder section, click the icon on the left to unite
  4. Select the Gradient tool to create your freeform gradient
  5. In the Properties panel, select Freeform gradient (it's the icon on the far right)6. Click on a dot to adjust the color and click on the object to add dots for more colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work as it creates a group. But even with a compound path it won't work. All the letters will have to be treated as a single object when applying a freeform gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click to unite it, it works (see step 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Photoshop has a rainbow gradient in several places. My favorite for randomness is the one on Gradient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think Photoshop has a rainbow gradient in several places. My favorite for randomness is the one on Gradient under Paint-bucket. Type the letters and place as you want them then give them their own layer and

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically..... you could create a high res graphic of a gradient (or even a painting) in Photoshop and then place it into the object in Illustrator.

Or... import the object from Illustrator into Photoshop, select the letters.  Then switch to the gradient layer, select invert and then delete the background. 

There are several ways to achieve something like this. 

Curious....how do you want to use the graphic that you are creating?  Do you want to print it eventually?  Do you want to keep it digital?  If you do print it, will you blow it up to be really big?  I think these questions will help people point you in the direction you want to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines