• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020(v24.2.1) making beep sound when using Direct Selection Tool

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2020 24.2.1 beeps when I use the direct selection tool inside clipping paths and no window is popping up.

Not always, but enough to be extremely annoying especially when I use clipping path every day for our work. 

It's always the same objects that beep when I click. Some objects don't beep, some do.

Am I the only one that's encountered this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual. Would you mind sharing version of the OS?

I'd recommend updating Adobe Illustrator to the latest version(v24.2.3) and see if you still have such issue.

You may also try resetting the preferences once.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russ,

A few questions.

1) Is it happening with a certain kind of objects or with specific objects and not others of a certain kind, and if either what can you see about them in the expanded Layer and in the Appearance palette when selected (you can release the Clipping Mask to get to them)?

2) If nothing obvious appears from 1) is it only happening in a particular document? If that is the case, is it also happening if you move the artwork to a new document (you can try first with everything at once, and if it fails, in portions and see when/if it fails)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will update it to newest version and post back my result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines