• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020(v24.2) is not exporting with the current file name.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the newest Illustrator this morning. 24.2. When I change the .AI file name (resave with a different same) and go to export a jpeg it uses the first file name, not the new one. I checked Preferences to see if there was something new, and restarted Illustrator since the update was still 'fresh', but no dice. Quite often the work we do involves several distinct iterations that need separate files. I hope there's a simple solution.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried to replicate this on my end but I could not. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?

You may also share a small video of the workflow. It'll help us understand the issue and assist you accordingly.
You may also try resetting the preferences and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article. 

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are problems in various save files scenarious:

Export for screen and Asset export: The default path for export is not fixed anymore, it changes to the current/opened file

Save as copy: add multiple "copy" to the end of file every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. It has been reported by a few other users as well and is currently under investigation. I would request that if you could upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40728973-illustrator-is...). This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.

Please stay tuned for updates, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti, 

I am having a similar issue nowadays:

So, I am using Illustrator 25.0 on a Mac 10.15.7 and when I want to export artboards through export for screen menu, the output file only contains the artboard name. The file name is missing (as prefix).

The process is:
1. I create a document.
2. I draw a rectangle (or anything) in artboard named 'rectangle'.
3. Then I save it on a folder as 'test.ai'
4. Export the artboard using export for screen as a JPG, with default settings — Ai won't show any file name.
5. The exported file is named rectangle.jpg instead of test-rectangle.jpg

In older versions the exported artboard used to have automatically the file name. Any solution or help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines