Highlighted

Illustrator 2021 "Create new " broken? No blank document presets.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got a fix for this other than using the legacy interface? All document presets gone A4 etc, replaced with stock templates, same on all tabs?

Correct answer by betawaxx | Community Beginner

Hey I managed to fix this by uninstalling AI on the CC app and telling it not to remember my settings then re-installing

Hope this works for everyone else 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2021 "Create new " broken? No blank document presets.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got a fix for this other than using the legacy interface? All document presets gone A4 etc, replaced with stock templates, same on all tabs?

Correct answer by betawaxx | Community Beginner

Hey I managed to fix this by uninstalling AI on the CC app and telling it not to remember my settings then re-installing

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?

Please try resetting preferences of the app & see how it goes. You may follow the instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these worked I'm afraid!
Still no 'Blank Templates' to be found..
Here are my system specs:

Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 15.43.29.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on a brand new Windows box, only a week old. I recently installed latest version of Adobe Illustrator and Windows is uptodate. No options for creating a simple blank new document. Only choices are downloading a template.

The workaround I found is to click the box "Use legacy new file" in general preferences.

This is only a temporary solution as it elminates access to the templates until you turn it off in preferences. Obviously something is broken somewhere or there is some other preference? Based on screen shots and tutorials there is suppose to be a row of blank choices at the top of the new document window that is missing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here. Fresh computer, fresh install of CC and I can create an empty blank document in Illustrator.

If this is intentional by Adobe, then the really haven't thought it through. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Resources