Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - After Effects - Updating assets

Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am animating a diagram on After Effects using graphics created in Illustrator. In order to animate the arrows I had transformed the vector into shape and stupidly deleted the Ai file. Now that I need to change color, I'm not able to anymore. I tried importing just the layer of the new arrow into the pre-comp but for some reason it doesn't show up. There is weird text at the bottom-left of the frame that is impossible to even read. Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Show please a screenshot.

Did you delete an AI layer in composition, or an imported AI from Project panel, or an AI file from disc?

Is there anything in that AI layer except the arrow? 
Actually, when you've created the shape layer you don't more need an original AI layer.
The main thing: generally you can change the shape's color or gradient any moment using Fill module in Control panel or Fill part in Shape layer properties, and this works for any shapes.

Anna_Lander_1-1590410953349.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines