• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Could Partially Read This File

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previously fine AI files now open with this error: "Illustrator could partially read this file. We recovered as much of this file as possible, but some content might be missing. Open to view the recovered file". When I open the file, everything is missing besides for my first artboard (out of about 13 artboards - everything is gone??). I have a PDF of the file, saved. But it is a compressed PDF with editing capabilities, disabled. And so, am unable to work on/edit from the PDF. 

Please help???

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudiar,
we are sorry for what happened. What version of Adobe Illustrator are you using? Also, I found this thread with the same problem as you: Illustrator could partially read this file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps share at least one or two of these Illustrator files (.ai), so one may have a look at the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption. In addition to the suggestion given earlier, I'd request you to follow the suggestions given on this help article to troubleshoot file issues & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines