Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing while deleting Drop Shadow

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats Crackin, 

So baiscally my problem is that everytime I try to delete a drop shadow from an object. My computer sub-zero freezes for a hot minute, then it just crashes hard. Ever since I got the new update for Illustrator it has been doing it. I tried restarting my computer to see if it would help the problem, but it doesnt yo. Its not like a huge problem or anyting. Im just wondering if anyone else has this problem since the update. But yeah thats it. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We have been able to reproduce the issue and it is currently under investigation. 

Please upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41832787-drop-shadow-deletion-crashes-illustrator) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cant delete effects without Illustrator crashing. Happens 100% of the time on every document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, though it was my PC but apparently not. Same as you, it was after the recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Operating System (Exact version of Windows/ MAC) and version of Illustrator
  • Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html  
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 
  • If you are using Windows machine, logs from Event Viewer. 
    Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK. 
    Go to Windows Logs > Application and check if you see any error related to Illustrator.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
  • If that doesn't help, please share a sample file where you can replicate this behavior. You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.... Across multiple documents. I found a workaround though... Instead of deleting the effect in the properties window, Click on the 3 dots to take you to the apearance panel

Screenshot 2020-11-09 104206.png

Once in the appearance panel, highlight the effect you want gone and then click the trashcan.

Screenshot 2020-11-09 104438.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm experiencing same issue on v25.0 for Windows 10 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We have been able to reproduce the issue and it is currently under investigation. 

Please upvote this issue here (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41832787-drop-s...) and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines