• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS5 will not save as PDF

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 & Acrobat Pro 9 were working perfectly on my previous laptop [window 10]. I have installed them on my new laptop.

Initially InDesign would not create a PDF and Illustrator would not save as a pdf. After a reinstall InDesign seems to have fixed itself but I am still have this problem with Illustrator, it won't even save a blank page as a pdf. It will save as an .ai or .eps, just not pdf.

Does anyone know why and how to fix.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

That version is not compatible with Windows 10.

During the last updates of Windows 10 we have seen old Illustrator versions having issues of all kinds.

Next update might then fix it. Or not.

If you like to run old software (and there are many valid reasons to do so), then stick to the compatible system. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that when I try to save as a pdf illustrator hangs. I can carry on and do anything else on my computer but if I click anywhere on illustrator it just beeps. I have to go into task manager to shut illustrator down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Operating Systems and older Adobe software don't always play nice with each other. Often they don't work together at all.

Could you post the specific versions of your Adobe software and Operating System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That version is not compatible with Windows 10.

During the last updates of Windows 10 we have seen old Illustrator versions having issues of all kinds.

Next update might then fix it. Or not.

If you like to run old software (and there are many valid reasons to do so), then stick to the compatible system. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines