• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator v25.0 won't start - But Here is a Possible Solution.

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite all of Adobe's various attempts to provide fixes for this issue that a lot of users experienced almost simultaneously, I actually tried something more simple, and that is to isolate the programs starting at Login. I am not sure what this did, but I rolled back the open at login on Extensis Suitcase Fusion and Slack. Then I reinstalled Illustrator v25.0 after having uninstalled v24.3. [Side note: Each time I did something new (uninstalled/removed/enabled) I restarted the Mac.] So once I disabled the non-essential program from starting up at login, I started up Illustrator v25.0. Success! Then I started to slowly introduce each program back into starting up at login (again each time restarting the Mac). So far, v25.0 loads up with acceptable delay, nothing like 2 hours, or any beachball of death. Mind you, that I didn't have to mess with any font issues. I also didn't have to mess with any Wacom stuff (I don't have Wacom on my mac by the way. Nor do I have any fonts in the fonts folder under my User Profile.) There are some simpler ways for you to test this process than for you to have to restart all the time, but I found this to be really helpful: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-stop-mac-apps-from-launching-at-startup

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran the instructions for updating Wacom stuff and emptying my font cache as instructed in the thread before it was locked. Illustrator now opens following a restart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines