• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator workspaces automatically adjusting to dual screen / external monitor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me!?

I have a Macbook Pro 13" running Big Sur (11.2.1) as well as an 21" Apple Cinema Display.

I am running Illustrator 2019.

I have my workspace set up with on my laptop with all the Pallettes along one colum on the right and a tool pallete to the left of the work area.

When I plug in my 21" external dispaly I obivously have a lot more room and so I resize the windows and also pull the Layers pallette into it's own colum to see more layers. I move them all onto the external monitor and then use the laptop screen for other applicaitons. 

I believe I have set up both options as New Workspaces (which I call Dual Monitor and Single Monitor).

However when I unplug the external monitor and then select Single Monitor workspace, it doesn't resize the windows, it only moves the pallettes around.  So I am stuck with this extra large set of winodw half of the screen which I then need to carefully select and resize.

Is there a way that the Workspace options can work how I want them to?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Try Display Maid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Display Maid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines