• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is responsive design possible in Illustrator or Indesign?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Is it possible to create a responsive design in Illustrator or In Design, for a PDF presentation?
I am creating a PDF catalog that my client will send to her clients. I was wondering if I could make a design that suits different devices and displays. Thank you!

Hola! Es posible crear un diseño responsive en Illustrator o en In Design, para una presentación en PDF?
Estoy creando un catálogo en PDF que mi cliente enviará a sus clientes. Me preguntaba si podría hacer un diseño que se adapte a los distintos dispositivos y pantallas. Gracias!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

In InDesign, you can use Alternate Layouts and a plugin called in5 from Ajar Productions to export a responsive HTML5 design.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign, you can use Alternate Layouts and a plugin called in5 from Ajar Productions to export a responsive HTML5 design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to make a single PDF that is size responsive. This is basic to PDF, not to the tools which make it.  You can make multiple PDFs and put them into a responsive site that chooses one. But really if you want to do responsive design look at HTML. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible, a PDF does not adapt by size ... for that, you could make a small landing page with the info that the client needs to show ... but it would have nothing to do with a PDF.

In any case, a PDF can be viewed on any device by increasing or decreasing the size in order to adjust it to a correct view.

Cheers!!

Silvia Perez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines