• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all the changes made to Illustrator File.

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone I wonder if someone can help me please.

I spent most of yesterday working on an Infographic for my work. I saved it and everything looked fine. I tried to open the file this morning and it's showing me my previous saved version (before the edits I made yesterday) and there are now lots of TMP files in my folder. I can see how the Infographic looked when I finished editing it yesterday in the preview section but when I open the file I get the older version. 

Does anyone know if this can be fixed? I spent a lot of hours on it yesterday. 😞 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Hi Srishti and Monika,

Thanks for your replies, please find my specs below: 

Prescision 5520 , i7 processor with 16GB RAM running Windows 10 Enterprise 

My company has anti-virus installed on my computer although I am not sure of any recent updates. 

Yesterday I tried opening one of the TMP files. It opened and I could see the edits I had made yesterday. I tried to save it as an .ai file but it didn't work. After restarting my computer it worked and now I am able to use the file again. 

Adobe Illu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, which system, where did you save the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this bad experience. That's definitely shouldn't be happening. As Monika mentioned above, we need a few more details to resolve this issue. In addition to the one's asked above, please share the following details:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti and Monika,

Thanks for your replies, please find my specs below: 

Prescision 5520 , i7 processor with 16GB RAM running Windows 10 Enterprise 

My company has anti-virus installed on my computer although I am not sure of any recent updates. 

Yesterday I tried opening one of the TMP files. It opened and I could see the edits I had made yesterday. I tried to save it as an .ai file but it didn't work. After restarting my computer it worked and now I am able to use the file again. 

Adobe Illustrator started being a bit strange for me since last Tuesday. (I tried to export an image as a PNG and it wouldn't let me it would only let me "save for web" rather than "export as".) That issue seems to be gone now too. 

Thank you both so much for your help! Very much appreciated. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reload latest version of AI as this was lost windows of AI Windows on the margin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a technition to fix my computer AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to contact support here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines