• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

png has white background in illustrator

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've never had this issue before so i'm super confused, it was working fine up until last night? i create a png by removing the background of my image and i'll usually export it as a png w transparency ticked and open in illustrator or just drag straight from photoshop into illustrator and go as usual but now i'm getting this? it's got a white background? this is how it looks in photoshop after i've removed the background:

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 17.13.22.png

and this is what i get when i drag, copy & paste or place into illustrator:

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 17.13.59.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aria,

Just to make sure: are you sure the whiteness is in the PNG and not just the nothingness behind it?

In other words, what happens if you click View>Show Grid/Transparency Grid or place a coloured rectangle behind the whole thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey jacob!

i have checked - i'll include a photo for you bc i am terrible at explaining stuff 🙂Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 17.54.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aria,

As far as I can see, your two latest screenshots show the appearance in AI with the Transparency Grid shown, and that is proof that you do have the desired transparency round the queen in the photo, just as in PS.

What I meant as the alternative was a filled rectangle behind the image which would show up red all the way round her, and be hiddenbehind her.

You can just keep the Transparency Grid on, or use the subtler Grid with its faint lines, to make sure that the whiteness you see in only the nothinness surrounding the artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another one w a coloured rectangle too! its so confusing idk why this is happening now 😞Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 17.56.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines