• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Images on 10% Gray to Adobe PDF

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Whenever I try to print to Adobe PDF and I have an image on top of a shape filled with 10% gray (#e6e7e8 or HSB 0 0 90 or CMYK 0 0 0 10), the image comes out as white. Not sure if it's important, but the images are all PNG's with transparent backgrounds, and the non-transparent parts of the image come out as white.

For now, I've been changing all my 10% gray to HSB 0 0 91, and that seems to work properly, but I'm still curious as to why specifically HSB 0 0 90 has that issue.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Printing to PDF is not necessary. Save to PDF instead. And please see this: https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF is not necessary. Save to PDF instead. And please see this: https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply! The reason why I was printing to PDF is because I was under the impression that it creates smaller files without quality loss. Would saving to Adobe PDF have the same result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Printing to PDF might create smaller files, but is file size really an issue when in turn you may run into several problems with transparency (as has happened to you)?

When all options are set appropriately this issue won't happen when saving a PDF. It has never occured to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines