• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: I'm using AI 25.2.1 on a 2020 Mac Mini running 16 Gigs of Ram.

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is that I'm unable to constrain shapes by using my normal "Shift-Command" ketboard command to bring up the bounding box. I checked in AI Prefs but don't see the option. It appears that I have to select using the leftmost selection tool (the black shaded one) to scale. Any ideas as to what's going on? 

Also: ...and here's the big gripe. It seems that AI 25.2.1 is slower in response on my new Mini that my AI CC 2018 was on my mid 2012 Mini was, with the same amount of 16 Gigs of Ram..........when I select a guide, sometimes, that guide disappeasr as I try to move it. It reappears when I release in the desired spot of the file BUT.........isn't 16 Gigs enough to run AI smoothly? Hate to have to buy a new Mini with 32 Gigs....

Thanks to all of you, I'm a bit older (73+) and am trying to just use AI w/o geting deep into the expert tricks, just want to work as fast on the new Mini as I was able to on the older one. Both have 500 GIG SSDs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Steve

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines