Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution loss on export as png

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am a novice in using Illustrator and I have a problem when I try to save the artwork I am working on because it loses a lot in terms of resolution. I created in one artboard lots of geometric shapes while importing high-resolution transparent background .png images. Here, when I use save as .pdf the resolution of the artboard is maintained (and the .pdf of course weights several MB). When I go for export as .png .jpg .tiff (regardless the dpi I select) the result looks always highly pixellated. Is there any why I can export the artboard as tiff or png without affecting the resolution? Could you please help me to nuderstand what is going on?

I use OS 10.15.7; Illustrator 24.3.

Many thanks in advance,

Edoardo

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

The only way to save without loss of resolution (assuming you are talking about the transparent background images) would be to export at the same effective PPI as the imported images. You can see this when you have an image selected in either the control bar or the links panel.

Your vector elements, if any, will of course also be rasterised at that resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to save without loss of resolution (assuming you are talking about the transparent background images) would be to export at the same effective PPI as the imported images. You can see this when you have an image selected in either the control bar or the links panel.

Your vector elements, if any, will of course also be rasterised at that resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear @Doug A Roberts , thank you very much for the tip. It indeed solved the issue.

Best.
Edoardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines