• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling in Properties and Transform Panels works differently. Why?

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to be pushing the Properties Panel as the panel to use for object information and manipulation, so why do the attributes available in both the Properties Panel and Transform Panels work differently when scaling?

If I change the width or height of an object in the Transform Panel and hit either Tab or Rturn whilst holding down the Command Key (on Mac) the object will scale proportionately, even if the Link Icon is not seleted. Why doesn't this behaviour also work in the Properties Panel? The only way to scale proportionately is to have the Link Icon selected before changing the height or width values. This makes no sense to me. Surely the same key modifiers should work in the same way in all panels. Am I missing a setting somewhere or have Adobe missed a trick here? 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably best to mention it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines