• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke using touchscreen appears black until I lift pen.

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 25.2.1 (latest version) with a Surface Studio 2 (latest firmware, latest Windows update.)  Using the Paintbrush tool, with either a fixed or pressure calligraphic brush, when I draw a path with my mouse, the path is drawn showing the correct/expected stroke color (such as yellow) as I draw.  However when I use the Microsoft Pen to draw on the touchscreen, the stroke is drawn in black until I lift the pen -- at which time it changes to the expected stroke color (i.e. yellow.)

I'm tracing over a dark image, so it's really hard to see while I'm drawing like this!  Of course I've restarted my computer, and I've tried every different setting I could think of, such as using GPU versus CPU for graphics, to no avail.  Suggestions appreciated!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the image layer to a lower opacity? Double click the layer in the Layer panel and check the box that says Dim Images to 50%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Larry, for the workaround.  I can of course do that, but I'd like to know what the root problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still hoping to learn if this is a bug or a setting? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines