• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG files

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I confirm that a svg file is a svg file that will work with cutting machines, I am planning on selling the files so I would like to confirm that the files work correctly. Can  anyone one share  the specific step to create a svg file, I have been using info from youtube and again whattomake sure I amdoing it correctly.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can either  save as or export for screens. The latter creates the more modern code.

You can then use the W3C validator to validate the SVG code.

That is all you can do from your side.

But that doesn't guarantee that the cutting machine can work with the code. The software might be expecting something very specific (specific line weights, specific colors, specific layers names, whatever). The software might also reject your SVG although it is valid.

You just can't know.

The only thing you can do is have some test clients who cut the files on different machines and give feedback. And this is what people do when they offer cut files for sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines