Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created this Truck Icon in illustrator.
truck1.jpg

This is how I save it out below as it's the closest I can get to it working. 

truck12.jpg

My problem is when I open the SVG to use when I try to resize it it distorts some of the objects like the wheels are out of place or the load on the truck moves it just warps like the shapes are not one.

I just want to scale it so everything is uniform and scales as it does in illustrator.

I've grouped the objects together and still no result when I open the SVG I want to use it looks like this as you can see it's not one shape how do I export the whole thing from illustarator as a one piece SVG?:

truck3.jpgThe more I try to resize it the more warped it gets!!!  You can see below the more I resize it the more the wheels get our of place and there's movement with the truck load.

truck4.jpg

When I've used SVGs from other sites that have pieces like this it's contained as one piece or object so am I doing something wrong?

Can anyone help please? I've attached the file if you want to see what I've done

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

UPDATE

I've found a solution so far after a day of searching for videos and reading thousands of posts.

My work around is To select all objects and then make them a Compound Path or Make Compound, then clicking on the layers i click the compound path layer and save that svg it seems to have worked and is exporting as a single svg object instead of several shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE

I've found a solution so far after a day of searching for videos and reading thousands of posts.

My work around is To select all objects and then make them a Compound Path or Make Compound, then clicking on the layers i click the compound path layer and save that svg it seems to have worked and is exporting as a single svg object instead of several shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines