• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System locks up while working on Adobe applications.

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have any web browser open on 2nd screen, when I'm working in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or Acrobat, I will randomly get a Not Responding error message and the computer locks up. Resulting in the need to reboot. Any ideas why?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

My system has 16GB of Ram, 1T HD.

I believe I have found the problem...the Syncing was set on 100% on both download and upload. When I changed it to 25%, Everything got a lot faster and so far Illustrator has not stopped mid-stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. There could be multiple reason why this would happen. It could be related to the hardware of the machine as well. Before we start any troubleshooting, please make sure that the system meets all the minimum requirements (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/system-requirements.html).

If everything looks fine, please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of applications.
  • Does it help if you close the browser?
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system has 16GB of Ram, 1T HD.

I believe I have found the problem...the Syncing was set on 100% on both download and upload. When I changed it to 25%, Everything got a lot faster and so far Illustrator has not stopped mid-stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that, Dennis! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines