• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text from illustrator to powerpoint. Help!!!!!!!!!

New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I would like to seek a help from you. I just made a powerpoint slide in illustrator. I copied all the elements from illustrator except text to PowerPoint. The problem is while i copy paste text from illustrator to powerpoint, it breaks up and gets corrupted. I dont want to retype the whole thing again in PowerPoint. Anyway to fix it?

Question title changed for clarity by moderater

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

I’m afraid you’ll need to chalk this up to a learning experience. If your intended destination is Powerpoint, Illustrator is not where you want to start. You can use Illustrator graphics in your PowerPoint presentation but you can’t expect  PowerPoint which is presentation software and a Microsoft product to retain the formatting from Illustrator which is illustration software and an Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Hey, it seems like there's a few options now. You can export your illustrator document to a PDF and then use adobe acrobat to export it to a PowerPoint file. Or you can upload your file to this Adobe page: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/acrobat/pdf-to-ppt?x_api_client_id=adobe_com&x_api_client_location=pdf_to_ppt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how long is your presentation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a powerpoint slide designed in illustrator that is almost filled with text. Copying and pasting into Powerpoint is not helping. Could you please suggest a text editor by that case. I need to main all the text formatting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't keep the formatting when you want to also keep the text editable.

You painted yourself into a corner when you started this project in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need the text as editable text in Powerpoint?

If not how about converting (a copy of) the text to outlines (Type > Create Outlines) before copying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i need it editable on powerpoint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m afraid you’ll need to chalk this up to a learning experience. If your intended destination is Powerpoint, Illustrator is not where you want to start. You can use Illustrator graphics in your PowerPoint presentation but you can’t expect  PowerPoint which is presentation software and a Microsoft product to retain the formatting from Illustrator which is illustration software and an Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text with the text tool, then copy and paste.

If that dows not work, try and first paste it into a text editor, then copy from there and paste in Power Point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to the text to come across exactly as is, you'll need to convert the text to shapes first.

You can do this by:

1. Select the text you want to convert to a shape

2. In the menu: Type > Create Outlines

Now you can copy and paste it into photoshop and it will come across exactly.

You won't be able to edit this text in powerpoint though, since it's now a shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it seems like there's a few options now. You can export your illustrator document to a PDF and then use adobe acrobat to export it to a PowerPoint file. Or you can upload your file to this Adobe page: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/acrobat/pdf-to-ppt?x_api_client_id=adobe_com&x_api_client_location=pd...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an option (The hard way)..

I had the same issue, so I turned all texts into outlines and they will take the correct position and size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines