• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool for dividing a circle into slices?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a tool on Illustrator that can EASILY divided a circle into 52 equal slices?

I have been struggling with this matter for some time now and I have a dead line coming. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

i'm pretty sure this is what the video describes, but I can't watch it here, so just in case.

draw a path from the centre of your circle to the outside. use smart guides to align it to the centre.

divide1.png

use the rotate tool. with just the line selected, alt-click on the endpoint at the centre. type 360/52 into the box and tab out. this should give you 6.92 degrees:

divide2.png

click 'copy'. hold down ctrl+D (transform again) until you have lines going all the way round:

divide3.png

select both lines and circle. use pathfinder - d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm pretty sure this is what the video describes, but I can't watch it here, so just in case.

draw a path from the centre of your circle to the outside. use smart guides to align it to the centre.

divide1.png

use the rotate tool. with just the line selected, alt-click on the endpoint at the centre. type 360/52 into the box and tab out. this should give you 6.92 degrees:

divide2.png

click 'copy'. hold down ctrl+D (transform again) until you have lines going all the way round:

divide3.png

select both lines and circle. use pathfinder - divide.

divide4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for useful advice with great screenshots   Got my  work done !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines