• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the correct color gamut to use for Instagram posts?

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been generating some colored drawings and imported them into Adobe Illustrator. The final intent is to export a .PNG to post on Instagram. Regarding colors, I am not sure if should ignore or not the 'out of web color warning'. Could someone clarify to me exactly what goes into 'web' category?

Also, I found I can't correct the gamut of multiple objects at the same time. I have many many paths with differet colors. How can I make sure all the colors are inside the web gamut?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

It's not warning about "web color". It's a warning about "web safe color". That has been a thing in the age of 8 bit monitors that could only display 256 colors.

Please ignore that warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not warning about "web color". It's a warning about "web safe color". That has been a thing in the age of 8 bit monitors that could only display 256 colors.

Please ignore that warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines