• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do some features just stop working out of nowhere for no reason?

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe for 2 years now, and i keep having this issue where certain features stop working. I use Illustrator and InDesign a lot and sometimes snapping just stops working for no reason and theres nothing i can do to fix it. There's also a feature on Illustrator where it shows the length of a line you're drawing in real-time which also just ceased out of nowhere and again, I can't find a single solution on the internet on why this is happening.

This is as much information i can provide right now, other than that I'm clueless as to why this is happening.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info and details about your documents nobody can tell you much. From the sound of it you are running into mundane UI acceleration issues due to inadequate or wrongly configured graphics hardware. That or AI simply running out of working memory and making a mess. Not the thing you may want to hear, but basically just a "get used to it" thing, given how crooked, buggy and outdated a lot of stuff in AI is. You may of course improve behavior by spending soem time to optimize your system by updating your graphics driver, tablet driver and so on and experimenting with settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, what version of Illustrator are you using?

There's also a feature on Illustrator where it shows the length of a line you're drawing in real-time which also just ceased out of nowhere

Let's focus on this. What did this look like exactly? What was displayed? Which tool were you using when it worked?

Was it a Smart Guides feature (is View > Smart Guides on?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Snapping and showing sizes during drawing can be activated by turning on View > Smart Guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines