• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Toggle BOTH Align to Glyph Bounds Options?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this feature is brand new, but I geek out over new changes. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has figured out a point in having both Align to Point Text and Align to Area Text toggled on at the same time? It just seems like the Align to Area Text functionality overides the Align to Point Text.  

Attaching screenshot below for reference. All 3 Lines aligned the yellow shape to the text using Vertical Top and Horizontal Left with each new Glyph Align option. Seems like turning one option on should turn the other off, no?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, indeed so it seems. And even more so, I don't get why the point text option is needed whatsoever since it seems to makes no difference at all when chosen (on its own, or) not chosen at all, both in an area type and in a point type.

check out this channel it might help https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjRrBdFkdUfBWihLUX4sBDQ?view_as=subscriber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Align to Point Text only affects alignment to point text; Align to Area Text only affects area text. If you are working, for example, with a point text object, then the area text alignment setting, whether on or off,  will not affect the alignment of another object to it. If, for some reason, you want objects to align to the text on point text objects and to the bounding box on area type objects, turn on the point type alignment and turn off the area type alignment. And so on.

Are you familiar with the difference between point and area type?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. But it worked on both for me. I can send you a video clip if you're really interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines